Did we get something wrong?
- We always publish corrections at least as prominently as the original mistake was published.
- We are eager to make corrections quickly and candidly.
- Although we welcome letters to the editor or comments that are critical of our work, an aggrieved party need not have a letter to the editor published for us to correct a mistake. We will publish corrections on our own and in our own voice as soon as we are told about a mistake by anyone — our contributors, an uninvolved reader, or an aggrieved reader — and can confirm the correct information.
- Our corrections policy should not be mistake for a policy of accommodating readers who are simply unhappy about a story that has been published.
- Information about corrections or complaints should be directed to Phil Wolff (@evanwolf) or via DataPortability.org’s discussion group.