The following notice is to
- have people reconfirm their intention to be members of the plenary, the general assembly that can vote and make policy decisions on behalf
of the DataPortability community.
- be aware of important dates that impact the 2011 Steering membership.
- It is done in accordance with the regulations: http://wiki.dataportability.org/x/OIAt
- You must nominate yourself or someone else to be a member of the plenary by the 8th December 2010 to be eligible to vote. Plenary membership expires on the 31st of December so people from the previous year are still members but you must nominate yourself if you are new. You can do so by posting it here: http://groups.google.com/group/dataportability-vote
STEERING MEMBERSHIP 2011
- Under 4.11 regulations, an election will formally open on the 22nd December (which will be two weeks after the plenary deadline)
- To nominate yourself or someone else to be a member of Steering, you must do so no earlier than the 8th of December and no later than the 15th of December
- If the total number of nominations exceeds 12 on the close of the 15th of December, an election will be held the following week from the 22nd and will stay open until the 29th December. If nominations are below 12 (the maximum number of positions on the Steering group), those who are nominated will become the new Steering members for 2011.
If you have any questions, feel free to post them in our public community forum: http://groups.google.com/group/dataportability-public
Chairperson, DataPortability Project